Act as a legal business partner to our client and its numerous franchises. Oversee all legal matters affecting our client's franchise system, including ensuring compliance with registration protocols for USA franchisees, managing franchise disclosure documentation required by the Federal Trade Commission, and drafting and reviewing contracts for all negotiated deals. Provide legal, financial, and HR advice to the board of senior-level executives.
- Provide updates and counsel to management concerning the status of litigation, claims, and other significant legal matters.
- Aid in the development and implementation of litigation strategy for franchises in North America.
- Compose franchise and Multi Unit Operator Agreements. Prepare legal documents and amendments.
- Coordinate with senior-level executives and internal experts on matters related to franchising, intellectual property, data privacy, marketing, HR, and other areas.
- Create and maintain a library of commercial and technology legal document templates, ensuring they adhere to best practices and meet legal requirements.
- Establish and cultivate personal relationships with local lawyers, officials, and collaborate with local legal counsel.
- Assist the franchisor in developing its relationships with an overseas partner and ensuring that all agreements comply with the laws of the host country.
- Review contracts and make necessary edits.
- Conduct reviews of Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD) and coordinate updates with outside counsel.
- Stay informed of applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Safeguard the franchisor's confidential information and trade agreements.
- Corporate Franchises: 2 years (Required)
- 4-7 years of legal experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in franchise law, preferably in the industries of quick service restaurants, hotels, hospitality, or franchises (either in a legal or business capacity)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including drafting and negotiating
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving abilities, and legal judgment
- Exceptional customer focus and approachability
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to consistently prioritize, coordinate, and meet multiple competing demands
- Achieve deadline-driven results that effectively align with business objectives
- Attractive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- In-depth training program designed to ensure your success
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Generous paid time off
- Complimentary meals provided during work hours
- Potential career advancement opportunities to help you prosper along with the growth of the company
Pay: $140,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year