Posted: Nov 14, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
Mac System Architecture team has an outstanding opportunity for a Storage systems or technology architect to influence and drive new product designs. This position is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional lead engineering role encompassing all aspects of computer system design. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create system architectures, surprise and delight our customers, and advance our products' performance, size, power, thermal and cost goals.Key Qualifications
- Typically requires 10+ years of experience in system architecture with an emphasis in Storage Technology.
- Familiarity with storage technologies and the ability to discuss them with experts NAND Controller and device technology and system applications.
- Experience with Solid State Drive architecture, design and system integration
- Knowledge of NAND controller and device technology and deep understanding of various NAND technologies and their application in computer system.
- Ability to go deep in storage requirements definition and review critical storage system components:
- SLC/MLC/TLC NAND, PCIe, NAND Electrical Interfaces, Cost/Capacity/Performance/Size trade-offs
- Having system and board integration experience with NAND and SSD.
- Good understanding of storage HW/FW/SW system and performance and be able to articulate system design trade-offs for customer requirements.
- Possesses core competence and subject matter expertise in personal computing system and product design, as well as strong technical breadth across several computer subsystem technologies, e.g., CPU, GPU, storage, memory, audio, display, input devices, power delivery, power management, networking, wireless, I/O, thermal management, cameras and sensors.
- Able to create, review and approve engineering requirement specification documents.
- Comprehends the roles of HW/FW/SW layers and how they interact in system design.
- Has strong analytic, verbal, written and communication skills. Able to summarize and effectively communicate technical issues and actions to key stakeholders and leadership teams.
- The role may require occasional domestic and international travel.
In this role, you will provide architectural guidance and leadership to cross-functional engineering teams to establish new product definitions and requirements: Negotiate top level product goals among a broad group of architects and system engineers, technical leads, HW & SW engineering managers, and external vendors. Determine product system integration feasibility, via collaboration with mechanical, physical, thermal, and electrical engineering stakeholders. Author system architecture specifications, block diagrams, and conduct review with the product teams. Collaborate with performance architects to define, model and drive improvements in performance, power efficiency and cost. Analyze, guide and support thermal management solutions and trade-offs. Anticipate future SoC requirements and negotiate with internal SoC teams to align with system product goals. Be innovative and curious. Explore and champion new product-level features and workflows. Review, challenge and influence people and processes: Lead system architecture and guide early design team activities. Define, develop and utilize tools, scripts, automation and methods of system analysis. Mentor junior engineers to best practices and data-driven processes.Education & Experience
Education & Experience
BS/MS Degree in technical discipline.Additional Requirements