Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
If you'd like the chance to make your mark with the world's largest equipment rental provider, come build your future with United Rentals!
Reliable Onsite Services, a division of United Rentals, has an excellent opportunity for a portable sanitation Route Service Driver ready to grow their career with the leading company in the industry. To continue our company's tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals to service portable restrooms and other sanitation equipment in a safe, timely, and courteous manner.
Responsibilities include, safely completing daily service routes in sequence as routed by dispatch personnel. Servicing, cleaning and stocking portable toilets, holding tanks, fresh water systems, hand wash stations and restroom-shower trailers as needed. Responsible for completing daily routes, while maintaining professional customer contact and open lines of communication with Dispatcher.What you'll do:
- Follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Safely operate a Route Service truck daily
- Vacuum pump, clean and sanitize portable restroom units on customer site
- Stock/replenish paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap and refill water holding tanks
- Repair portable restroom units onsite as necessary
- Provide onsite moves of equipment, and pick-up/delivery as requested
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles, maintain truck logs
- Load and unload units
- Fuel vehicles and other equipment as necessary
- Frequent customer interaction, including recommendations for any additional services and supplies needed
- Excellent housekeeping of assigned vehicles and facility
- Maintain professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Diligent attention to safety
- Basic knowledge of the construction industry and safe driving procedures
- One (1) year of truck driving experience preferred (CDL license is preferred, but not required), DOT medical card must be obtained prior to commencing employment
- Industry experience is a plus, but not required (training is provided on products & services)
- Superior customer service
- Excellent verbal communication skills and positive attitude
- Ability to mount and dismount trucks multiple times daily
- Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs
- Ability to drive day or night
- Work effectively in all weather conditions and customer work environments
- Some weekend work may be required as business conditions dictate
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of United Rentals' policies and procedures.Why join us?
We don't just "talk the talk!" We're an award-winning company (recently named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2023) that truly cares about our people - That's why we offer best-in-class benefits and perks that will support you and your family. In addition to our health and financial plans, we also offer:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development & Promotional Opportunities
- Additional Vacation Buy Up Program (US Only)
- Early Wage Access through Payactiv (US Hourly Only)
- Paid Sick Leave
- An inclusive and welcoming
Learn more about our full US here.
Mutual respect for the dignity and fundamental rights of all persons defines our culture. United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other status protected by law. If you need a reasonable accommodation at any point of the application process, please email email@example.com for assistance.
United Rentals consists of a wide variety of roles with different duties and responsibilities. The actual pay rate offered to candidates varies depending upon a wide range of factors including specific position, education, training, experience, skills, and ability.